Dead Sea Salts to Deal with Dead Skin



I was talking to G the other day-- you know, girl talk-- and I had to confess something to her that I knew was kind of gross. My skin was flaking so badly that it looked like a little dust storm when I was changing into my night wear the other day. I mean, it was just everywhere. G was probably appalled that I hadn't exfoliated in over a month. I have been searching for a good body scrub, and I already used her Sabon stuff (which is great...)-- but I wanted to try something new.

At this time of year, oils are so comforting to me, because it's just cold and bone dry outside. Remember, hot showers make your skin drier, and I have been feeling tight and not right in my body skin.

A very nice woman who was at the Young Designers Market with us a few weeks back, Makeba Lloyd, actually has a line of bath products called Butter by Keba, so I decided to give her scrub a try. I used the Salt Scrub in Citruese which retails for $28 for a 16oz jar.

To be totally honest with you, I am a big proponent of using artisanal soap brands, but I am usually disappointed with them because they don't soften or change me in the way that I expect. HOWEVER, Keba's salt scrub was excellent exfoliation-wise; very comparable to Sabon (and definitely not from a huge Israeli chain).

The Citruese scent is extremely citrus-y, and then washes off into a gentler, sexier scent because it contains grapefruit AND fig leaf oil. I think this scrub is pretty gender-neutral and very sunny (i.e. your sig other is not going to complain that he smells like his girlfriend sprayed him down with her girly stuff in order to mark her territory. Fine! Be an ingrate! See if I care. wait... this isn't about me, I swear).

Anyway. Usually, when I use a scrub and it contains oil like this one, I imagine a lot more sensual scent (think vanilla, coconut, lavender, musk, neroli)-- but the fact that this product did have a good helping of lovely oils that moisturize the skin and a fresh smell made the experience so much more invigorating. Another great thing about this scrub is that it contained the correct amount of oil. See, the Sabon scrub is great heavy rub down for these deep winters, but Butter by Keba is probably a wonderful summer scrub as well because it's not overly-oily.

And here's another perk about this scent and scrub: I feel like I am on the cusp of Spring even though it's like 30 degrees outside. I love it when bath products transport you like that. I am sitting here feeling happy and joyous and I am getting faint whiffs of my lovely scrubbed up self (pre-perfumed). I just had to let you guys know that citrus smells really combat the winter doldrums and blues.

The scrub gets the job done. And it left my bathroom smelling clean and bright. HA! A real 2-in-1. It smelled like I had just done a deep cleaning. Loved it.

I am going to reveal a teensy little bias I have: I think it's important to support smaller companies who are putting out GOOD products. The giants will always be there, and yes I love them too (couldn't leave the house without them)-- but I also like it when people take the time to put out these indie lines and come up with a competitive product. At the moment, Butter by Keba is sold through her website, www.butterbykeba.com.

Go out there and do your part to stay soft!
Sunny Kisses!
S.

Comments

  1. I remember a few years ago when I landed my very first corporate job before I knew how to Glam up, I was so lost. I had grown accustomed to using these teeny bopper products from the local pharmacy and my then Boss told me about a cleansing lotion for the skin. I still use this product today and thank her silently everyday when I look in the mirror.

    Butter by Keba's products remind me of that experience. It's one of those products that you're just so thankful to know about. I love, absolutely LOVE the lotions and bath salts. I know this may sound corny but I love all the scents. Lotus Nut is what I've been wearing over the last few weeks and I get so many compliments on it. As far as any improvements, the texture of my skin has dramatically softened since I started using this product.

    Do yourself a favor, get yourself a little butter and feel beautiful!!!

    Lili

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts