Borba. Mm. Tastes as Good as It Sounds.


A couple of years ago, I had done a fashion show and part of our swag bag was bottles upon bottles of Borba "a vitamin-infused nutri-cosmetic" $2.50. At the time, they were just launching. I had like 10 bottles of this stuff, plus it was the only backstage drink. Apparently, Borba is supposed to be packed with vitamins and nutrients which help your skin and are supposed to make you heal from the inside. 

My BS radar went off and with good cause. Not only does this drink taste kind of like a fruity watered down lotion, I definitely did not see the benefits of drinking it all the time. I am all for Kangen water and other ionically processed, alkaline-correct drinks, but Borba stuff was awful. 

Ew the name Borba sounds gross, too. Which is not their main offense but definitely helps me make my case. Plus they make gummi bears and powders which are supposed to help your skin. How about this krazzzzzy concept: Drink plenty of plain water, eat healthy and exercise instead of drinking and eating sweetened juices and candies? I know it sounds wild and totally irrational. 

Apparently they sell it at Sephora too, and now they have come out with their own line of cosmetics. My faith in them has dwindled-- so unless I try something and am totally blown away, I don't think I can support their cause. 

So gimmicky! 

Regards. 
S. 

Comments

Popular Posts