Tip: How Not To Get Sick Repeatedly


So it happens. Some MORON on your flight decides that he needs to infect the entire aircraft with his MORON germs. And his stupid cold or whatever he's spreading with that disgusting cough and sneeze. And you happen to be in the sneeze trajectory and catch his disease (hopefully you don't catch the MORON part- but I find that to more viral than anything else).

Anyway, you get sick once, it may not be your fault. But if you are getting sick repeatedly this winter, IT MAY BE YOUR FAULT. Or your makeup's fault (but mainly your fault because your makeup didn't know any better).

We get sick through our eyes and mouth and noses. When we are sick and apply makeup to those areas, we are turning our pots of lipgloss into a petri dish for the bacteria to grow and mutate. Eventually, you'll get over this particular cold, but will be especially susceptible to the new virus which has developed in your gloss pot when you stick your finger in there to re-apply in a few weeks. I HATE pots of gloss, I think the whole process of having to stick your finger repeatedly into a container to retrieve product is hellaciously gross.

The same thing applies to a lesser degree to mascara and eyeliner regarding colds (you know that you catch colds through your eyes too, right??). If you've had pink eye or any other eye infection, throw that carrier vessel away. Now! I don't use any of my fave makeup when I am sick-- I use the stuff that I am about to get rid of so as to not infect the stuff I will be using when I get better.

Personal story as to why I know this is true: My freshman year in college, before I knew better, I had this pot of cherry gloss. Loved it, thought it was the yummiest smelling thing in the world. I had a cold. I used that gloss (because you don't want to look gross just because you feel gross)-- anyway I lost the gloss, was sad and in the meantime, got over my cold. 3 weeks later, I found the gloss in one of my coat pockets. Huzzah! I put it on. I got sick again. Lost the pot. Eventually overcame Illness 2-- Found the pot. Rejoice! Applied the gloss with my grubby fingers (I also used to keep long nails in college-- another playground for germs and bacteria)-- Anyway applied said cherry lip potted gloss-- and got sick AGAIN!! Being the aspiring genius that I am, I finally threw away the pot because I realized it was harboring all my sickness in there.

Anyway all of 2008 I didn't get sick AT ALL. Because I protected myself. I happen to be a little sore in the throatal region at the moment, but I am going to blame the moron from my flight. Don't go to work sick, don't fly sick, I don't want your nastiness. If you must, contain yourself.

If you can't live without your lip things, put a little amount in a separate container so you can use it to your dirty sick little heart's content. 

Air Kiss (cuz I feel a little sumpthin' coming on)
S.

Comments

  1. It's a good idea to take a good multi-vitamin daily, or airborne when you're travelling.

    A better way to get vitamins and other nutrients to keep your immume system in tip top shape is to eat the freshest vegetables & fruits available to you - citrus, lush greens, any bright colors, etc.

    They will keep feeling great from the inside, increase energy and improve the condition of your skin, hair and nails tremendously.

    Do you believe in DIY beauty care (eg, homemade hair mask, face masks, eye care) - using avocados, cucumbers, tea bags, etc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anon,
    Health is wealth for sure. That's a great nutrition tip, I just wanted to let people know the possible hidden reasons they may keep getting the same illness over and over.

    RE; DIY-- not really up my alley. I find the prep to be fun, but have never experienced like awesome results-- so I haven't done any DIY in years. G does a Sunday facial and she likes it.

    I only believe in olive oil, coconut oil for hair and rosewater (100% pure) for the face in natural remedies.

    x S.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts