Prescription For Longer Lashes


Mascara is a $5 BILLION dollar industry (probably held up on account on the 3% of that I contribute annually in the search for my perfect mascara). 
I don't believe in false lashes and I will tell you why:
How disappointing is it when you take off your false lashes and are left with your paltry natural lashes. The reason I forego ever putting on falsies is that I am deflated when I see my true cils, and feel the need to constantly re-apply and it becomes an endless cycle of never-looking-as-good-as-I-did-with-falsies. 
And...
I am sorry, but you ladies indulging in eyelash extensions have been KILLING your natural lashes. For you newbies, eyelash extensions involve the careful gluing of 'extensions' on to one's natural lashes. They are meant to last up to 3 weeks. Imagine, what type of bonding agent is holding something on to your delicate lashes for such a long period of time. Plus! many women who have gotten lash extensions have experienced semi-permanent lash-loss on account of being addicted to such a procedure. Why, a friend of mine who gets some 'back alley' eyelash extensions has almost completely gone bald around the eyes and now she's stuck (no pun intended) to getting her illegal nail-tech applied lashes. (In fact, I compare getting eyelash extensions to getting fake nails put on. If you've ever had gels or acrylic, which I ill-advisedly had put on for my 21st birthday many moons ago-- they actually ruin what you have going on naturally and make you dependent on getting fills when your natural nails start to grow. Or in my case, I quit after one session and it took me over 6 months to get my healthy nails back. EW!)

Well celebrate, because there's a new PERMANENT way to grow fuller and longer lashes. In today's New York Times, there is an article about the company Allergan's new product Latisse (which has to be prescribed by your eye doctor), which has been proven to grow lashes. It's a derivative of a glaucoma medication -- but beware-- the side effects include the permanent darkening of hazel and light iris-ed users. Eeps. I love light eyes-- I don't have them, but I like to look at them on other people. 

Check out the article. I know a couple of people who will benefit from this, and stop getting those truck-stop extensions.

After reading the article, would you buy this product? It's a $120 for a one-month supply. As you guys know, I am lash-obsessed, and I would absolutely, positively buy this product if I lost my lashes. 

Butterfly Kisses!
S. 

Comments

  1. There's also a Jan Marini product I bought for my mom that is similar...however, it is unclear if it works or not as (of course) she's not applying it regularly. But...it looks like a mascara stick and is supposed to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts