Oh stop it! You’re making me blush ; ) - Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush


When I was little, my biggest fascination after lipstick was blush. I loved taking a large brush from my mother’s dresser, fisting the brush in my hand, and with a lot a pressure and in a circular motion, rubbing the blush onto my cheeks. I made sure the color looked bright and dramatic. I mean seriously… why would you want it any other way? I would admire my pink lips and bright cheeks in front of the mirror. I would pick up my fat, fluffy cat candy, (may she rest in peace) place her on the bed, and talk to her, because of course she understood everything I said. “Don’t I look beautiful?” She would look at me as if laughing, and then if I was lucky enough, she would roll on her back to show off her fluffy stomach. I would try to apply some blush on her as well, but in disgust she would bolt away and hide somewhere.

Some things still haven’t changed… I still talk to animals, and I still love applying blush blush (well not like a 6 year old of course ; )). An absolute staple in my makeup bag are my Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blushes. I have been using Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush for about three years now. They apply beautifully! The color palette is gorgeous! The pigments are so rich and lush. I prefer more natural colors that make your skin pop! On top of a great foundation or powder, or nothing at all, these colors give you that flirty, healthy glow that we are always talking about!

Unlike other blushes, that you may have to rub vigorously to even get some color on your cheeks, a little Chanel blush goes a long way. (Check out S’s post on brushes. Brushes are important!) My two favorite blushes in the Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush collection are Horizon and Mocha Souffle. The Mocha Souffle color is perfect for everyday use. It is a mix of mauvy, peach, pinky brown… a bit bronzy, and with the slightest bit of shimmer. It gives my skin that refined, Charlotte (from Sex and the City) kind of look. Clean and crisp… and ready to conquer the world! Ha ha!

The horizon color gives me that fabulous flushed and blushed look. It is a coral, peachy rose, with the slightest bit of shimmer. This particular color really makes your skin pop! I like a pile the color on a little heavier if I am going out. Seriously, it is the sweetest shade ever! One of my favs! I’m so annoyed at the moment because the powder smashed during one of my horrid bus rides in Brazil! I can still use it at home, but not travel around with it : (. Dreadful!!!

A few more fabulous things about Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush are that the packaging is so luxurious the blushes and scented! I happen to love rose scents and these blushes have the slightest hint of rose. They smell so good! The Chanel Joues Contraste Powder blushes retail for around $40. Work every penny! These blushes last a long time, IF you are cleaning your brushes regularly and not sharing your makeup with others!! A little goes a long way!!! I’ve been using the Mocha Souffle for about a year now. The color has almost run out and I am so excited to experimentar (as they say in Brazil) with other shades or stick to the same one!

Yes…the economic climate is horrid at the moment. You deserve a beauty treat! Walking out of the store with a Chanel bag (even if it’s super tiny and only holds a blush or a gloss) always makes me feel better! And remember… It’s okay to blush! ; )

Hugs,
G

Comments

Popular Posts