Kiehl's Superbly Gentle Eye Makeup Remover


Mine eyes, they sting with the slightest irritants. I find the L'Oreal and by extension Lancome eye makeup removers that seem to be so popular in the medicine cabinets of my friends to be too harsh. They smell delightful, like roses, but sting my eyes with the spears of a thousand warriors. 

Ok, perhaps it's a little dramatic. But I don't wear contacts, and I still found using one of those 2 brands popular eye makeup removers (you know, the blue one)-- would hurt my eyes or they would be red in the morning. 

My friend R suggested the Kiehl's Superbly Gentle Eye Makeup Remover ($16.50) -- which is a lotion actually. It's so gentle that it actually takes a couple of swipes to get your makeup off. It is specifically designed for contact lens wearers, and it's pretty good. I sometimes use it at night and find I have to use it again in the morning to get off some of the residue. But I don't mind trading in a couple of extra minutes for the hours of stinging I usually experience with other removers.  It's a fine product. 
Doesn't it sound bad that I don't really love it or hate it. I sound like a girl who has just 'settled' for a guy-- I am afraid I won't find someone else so I don't let him go, but he's not my ideal, I am not jazzed about him. I will make my life with, make the best of our time together and end my search. I don't really plan to look for a new eye makeup remover. I am going to stick it out with this one and see where it takes us. I guess-- I mean if I am too too tempted by passion-- I might have an affair to explore what's outside of my comfort zone. But for now I need a husband-- I MEAN! An eye makeup remover (freudian slip!) so this one will do. 
It's good, try it at the Kiehl's store. 
I'm happy, I swear. I'll make myself happy. 
Kiss, 
S. 

Comments

Popular Posts