Aveda Dry Remedy - is hardly a remedy


I do a lot to make my hair soft, straight and shiny. I use extra rich moisturing shampoos, conditioners and leave in serums. If not, my hair would be rough, frizzy and look like an absolute mess! A couple of months ago, while waiting for my flight to NY, I was reading a beauty magazine and saw an ad about Aveda's new Dry Remedy line. The ad said it: Drenches even the driest, most brittle hair with moisture, leaving it soft, supple, touchable. I thought to myself... how delicious! I want that! My hair is the driest... and the most brittle, maybe this will do the trick! The color of the packaging is this light beautiful light blue color. It makes you think of a sunny day in cali and taking a drink of the most refreshing water. After taking the red eye to NY and waking up from a good nap, I headed over to the Aveda store on 5th avenue. The girl working there was so sweet. She sat me down, and gave me a proper consultation. She asked me all kind of questions about my hair and what kind of look I wanted to achieve. She said for dry hair like mine, the Dry Remedy Line would do the trick. After the consultation, she gave me the most lovely shoulder and head massage. Perrrrrfect after a red eye. I totally recommend it.

Although my experience at Aveda was quite nice... I can't say the same about the Aveda Dry Remedy Line. I had such high hopes! It was such a huge disappointment. I used both the Dry Remedy Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner. While shampooing my hair, I did not feel the moisturizing consistency I was expecting. It left my hair tangled up, begging for some moisture. I thought, ok... no problem, the conditioner must do the trick! I applied the conditioner to my hair, and it felt like the kind of conditioner you get for free at a hotel. The kind you only use in an emergency situation, when your forgot your own conditioner and there is not drug store around! Conditioner is supposed to soften and detangle your hair!!! This one left my hair dry and in a tangled mess. I was livid! I had to apply extra Neutrogena Triple Moisturizing hair serum to just get the brush through, and get a good blow dry. Even after all that, my hair was still dry and when I ran my fingers through it they would get stuck!

I do not recommend this shampoo and conditioner for those of you who have very dry hair. The shampoo and conditioner retail for around $24 each. A luxury price for something that feels quite ordinary. Save your money!

Hugs,
G

Comments

Popular Posts