Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Cream


G reporting from Salvador, Bahia (Brazil):

I am staying at a beautiful pousada (equivalent to a very nice hostel) in Bahia in Salvador, Bahia. I am literally a skip and a throw from the beach. Unfortunately it is raining cats and dogs outside at the moment, and I am spending time with the guests of the pousada. The guests are from Russia, Germany, Ireland and France. Some are long terms guests and some are short term. One man stays at this pousada three times a year a month at a time! He says he loves Brazil. I asked him what is so amazing about Brazil? He mentioned the following:
  • The people are fun and friendly

  • The weather is amazing

  • He feels healthier - He has hip problems in the U.S., and when he comes to Brazil his hip problems miraculously almost disappear! He also said he feels fitter and his skin looks brighter and healthier

I agree with him! My skin feels much more comfortable down here! At home, I apply loads of moisturizers! As you know, and are probably so used to hearing from me by now, I have extremely dry skin. I am constantly on the lookout for lotions and potions to keep my skin drenched and quenched. I apply very little cream to my body down here. Most would say that the humidity in Brazil probably contributes to my more supple and moisturized skin. I think it is something more... something that can not be explained. There is just something in the air in Brazil. You just feel more light hearted and healthy! I recommend you get yourself down here!

Ok... so I have to tell you about a moisturizer that I absolutely loath. I thought about it this morning when I got out of the shower and had to apply very little moisturizer. At home, a few months ago I purchased the Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Cream. The cream is very rich and says that is provides relief for extra dry skin. It contains oatmeal, cocoa and shea butters, (which all sound quite nice to me) and menthol to cool dry skin on contact. The menthol part freaked me out a bit... but I thought why not give it a try. This cream is awful! It left my skin feeling sticky and grimey throughout the day, and I kept thinking to myself while walking around the city... who here smells like a medicine cabinet? I kept looking around to find an older person... but then realized with horror that it was me! The menthol makes you smell like you have rubbed some old ointment all over your body and the smell seems to grow stronger. So, you end up smelling like a hospital and feeling sticky, covered with residue. I absolutely do not recommend this cream at all! I am usually pleasantly surprised by Aveeno products, but am highly disappointed with this one.

Hugs (hopefully not smelling of ointment)

G

Comments

Popular Posts