Elixir Ancien; Super Oils: Part Deux. Two Hundred, and Fifty Dollars Worth of Puddin. Aww yeah.



It's Barry and Levon and it's time. It's time for two hundred, and fifty dollars worth of puddin'. Aww yeah. Now we could have brought you one hundred dollars worth of pudding ... And that would still be a lot of pudding. But instead we went all the way, and brought you... two hundred... and fifty dollars... worth of puddin. Aww yeah.


If you've never seen The State on MTV which ran for a very precious 13 episodes or so, you are not my friend. Just kidding! But The State it's practically who I am today. Most of the cast members will look familiar if you youtube it, and I am going to link it for you guys here. So technically, the skit is for $240 dollars worth of pudding, but I adjusted it for inflation. Anyway when I went to the Fresh store recently, all I could think of was "Barry and Levon" and let me tell you why.
Since I am trying to find the best winter relief, I spoke to the wonderful girl helping me at the Fresh boutique in the West Village, and she suggested I try their Elixir Ancien -- an oil which is made by monks in the Czech Republic from some types of Antarctic berries which reduces wrinkles and lines by xyz%. Great I'll take it-- how much is it? What? Did you just say TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS? Are those Czech dollars? WHAT? How much can the monks be charging to make a vat of this stuff? Isn't being monastic, by definition, about living a spartan life?

Needless to say I didn't buy it. But I did get a nice little 1 week supply to take home. So I have been using it for the past week-- and it's a lovely moisturizer, really it is, but I haven't felt like two hundred and fifty dollars worth of moisturization is going on in my facial region. Even though you think a week is not a long time, one should feel results to encourage one to continue with the treatment, n'est pas? I found it to be an adequate moisturizer, it is by no means overly greasy-- but it also isn't up to my standards of skin softening. J commented to me recently that she believes I like moisturizers that feel heavy-- and she is usually right about things. She prefers the drier ones, so if you are like her--- perhaps $250 dollars worth of crushed arctic berries prepped by Czech monks is for you. It is definitely not BAD. I think I would like to try Le Mer or something along those lines if I am paying so much (however, there is no fragrance to this oil, so maybe for some it is a better alternative to Le Mer). Overall, I don't think I will be buying this stuff for reals just because it's not worth it to me at this point. What do the French use? Their skin is FANTASTIC. I think I will need to go on a TGB sponsored reconaissance mission.

I would continue using it if I had more for free-- but since Barry and Levon have shown me how much pudding I can get for that same price, I think I might have to weigh my options. Maybe over Christmas I will cook... and chill... and then slather on my face a box of pudding and let you know how effective it is. Awwwwww yeah.

Excuse me while I Kiss the Sky.
S.

PS- (So yes, I write a lot about the brand Fresh, but as I have said, it's because they give me good samples so I can try their products before I buy. I guess it's built in to the price tag because I am consistently shocked at how expensive things are here-- because it does not seem as if it should be quite so expensive. Just so you know, they don't pay me to write, they just give me stuff to try.)

Comments

Popular Posts