Shim Shim Sharee! Shimmer Brick.


As Christmas comes up, I remember my fondest Christmas memories. Trimming the tree, baking cookies, getting together for gift exchanges-- and during one such gift exchange winning a palette of 50 eyeshadows in 1994. OMG I loved that thing and since the statute of limitations has expired on this secret, I will reveal all: I rigged the gift exchange so I could win because I knew what that square box held.
The thing was, once I got it-- I only used about 4 of the colors-- mainly the shimmery neutrals because they were just better than all those other little cakes. Makeup lesson #2,321: It's quality, not quantity, stupid.

Well in this same vein, I still love getting palettes-- but my favorite ones are the ones I use. One I totally recommend is the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick which runs about $40. I am trying to move away from shimmer, but this product is so lovely and versatile. I used it for years, and would probably give it as a gift to my little sister who is still acceptably under 25 and therefore eligible to absorb the level of shine put out by this palette. It works over her eyes, cheeks and as a highlighter. For the over 25 set, it is still a beautiful eye shadow palette and brow bone highlighter.

They come in different shades and-- I know I am on a gift-giving idea kick-- but they really make great gifts. They have a limited edition Copper Brick this season with a new pretty faux leather inset. My favorite has always been the Bronze Brick. They also last forever because they are quite dense and not too soft or pwdery. I hope you like it!

Shimmery Kisses!


S.

PS. Warning: Don't drop this brick. It will shatter and mess up and you will be heartbroken and have to throw is away. Trust.






Comments

  1. I use the Bronze Shimmer Brick and it has lasted me forever... which I am very grateful for because it is by far my favorite eyeshadow!! People compliment me all the time on my eyeshadow!! Thanks for writing about it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts