Rare oils used by greek royalty



G reporting from Salvador, Bahia (Brazil):

I highly recommend signing up for Sephora's Beauty Insider card. The Beauty Insider card is equivelant to a frequent shopper card. Whenever you shop at Sephora, you rack up points on your card and get free gifts! I popped into Sephora before my trip to Brazil and received a full size L'Occitane cleanser that normally retails for around $24. Excellent free gift!

I've been using the L'Occitane Immortelle Brightening Cleansing Foam for about 2 weeks. So, far so good! I really like the results. The cleanser is very gentle and left my face looking bright and clean. I prefer to use more gentle cleanser to ensure that my skin retains its moisture. I have very dry skin! The Immortelle line contains the oil of the Immortelle flower, which actively reduces signs of aging by multiplying collagen production by 6, improving microcirculation and fighting against free radicals. I am so curious about this line! I definitely want to try out more of the products when I return to the states! I prefer natural products, and the Immortelle floweris organically grown on the island of Corsica! This island is known as the “Island of Beauty!!!” How amazing is that. If you know what a huge romantic I am, you know I love to read about this kind of stuff.




The Legend:

According to a Greek legend, Ulysses was shipwrecked on the island of Pheacia. There he met the king’s daughter, who was renowned for her goddess-like beauty. The people claimed that to preserve this beauty she anointed herself with a precious golden oil extracted from Immortelle flowers, said to have considerable regenerative properties. To help Ulysses recover, she gave him a vial of this famous Immortelle essential oil. After applying it to his body, Ulysses regained the strength and beauty of a demi-god and was able to resume his fabulous voyage.

How fabulous is that! Here is another amazing fact! It takes more than a ton of Immortelle flowers to obtain 1 liter of the essential oil. This oil is precious. I love finding out information like this. It makes the whole experience of using the product so special! I can't wait to try out more of the Immortelle line!

Pamper yourself you goddess!

Hugs,

G


Comments

Popular Posts