Oscar Blandi to the rescue!

G reporting from Sao Paolo, Brazil:

I absolutely love hair masks! For dry hair like mine... it's like coming home to a tall glass of ice cold water after wandering for days through Patagonia. Sooooo, I haven't spent the last few days wandering through Patagonia (would love to one day!), but I have been wandering the beautiful state of Bahia for the last 8 days. The people are wonderful, the food is scrumptious... but the humid, hot weather and constant rain showers is horror for my hair. My skin may look plump and fresh, but my hair is an absolute wreck!!! It's frizzy, unrully and dry. I am scared everytime I look in the mirror! I was so excited to return to Sao Paolo, to take a long shower, and use all of my sister's fabulous hair care products. We didn't bring them while traveling, because traveling around Brazil with a backback is no easy feat! It's bumpy, it's dirty and it's HOT! When we arrived to Morro De Sao Paolo (a small island off the coast of Salvador, Bahia) men were yelling, Taxi, Taxi, Taxi! I said to my sister, "Isn't this a no car island?" I realized that the men were pushing around wheel barrows. Ha ha! A nice, young and muscular island man took both our bags and threw them on the wheelbarrow. We followed him in the boiling, humid heat, up bumpy hills, through sand coated streets to our pousada. I thought to myself... thank goodness I did not bring my best makeup and haircare products. Imagine the melty, gooey mess and loss off all those beautiful products!

Ok, so geting back to Sao Paolo... I arrived at my sister's appartment ready to apply her Oscar Blandi Trattamento Di Jasmine Smoothing Hair Treatment. This mask smells like luxurious jasmine flowers from India and conditions like a dream. Being the recessionista that I am, it is a delicious treat! Janhavi used to use this treatment back when she was in San Jose as well... so I have used it quite a few times! The treatment retails for around $26. I like to shampoo my hair with a moisturizing shampoo, then turn off the water for a few minutes, squeeze the excess water out of my hair, and apply the treatment generously. I keep the treatment on for about 5 minutes. In the mean time you can use a body scrub or shave your legs. Another reason why I love this treatment is because it contains good for you, natural ingredients!
  • Jasmine Extract to improve elasticity

  • Soy & Wheat Protein to strengthen hair

  • Grapeseed Oil provides emolliency

  • Lavender and Geranium moisturize
Another fabulous treat, if you have some time to spare, is to apply the treatment and wear it for a few hours. You can clean your aparment, write some e-mails, or chat on the phone while your hair is being luxurified (he he! a word I just invented!)

After this treatment, my hair is so soft, silky, luxurious and smells so good! The jasmine smell is seriously intoxicating! This is the perfect treatment after a rough vacation!

Enjoy soft, silky hair that smells of jasmines!

Hugs,

G



Comments

  1. S & G,

    I walked through Sephora today in the mood for some NARS eyeshadow...but I stopped myself before I had the official glossbox seal of approval! Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous-
    Are you looking for something specifically from NARS? I used to have 2 colors from there: A very sheer champagne (surprise surprise) but I found it too glittery. It was called Nightlife and it had silver glitter in it. I loved it at the time, but would be a little wary of it now.
    I had another one called China Blue which is navy, and i would use it wet at a liner/shadow. Eh it was ok-- but this was at least 6 years ago that I used them-- so I don't know a) how I remember :) and b) if they changed their formula since then.

    I love the the colors from Giorgio Armani, i think they are really finely milled and well pigmented. I also really like the shadows by Trish McEvoy, although I find her 'bang for the buck' factor to be off. Of course, my fave (even though they are messy) are the sheers from Bare Escentuals-- really soft colors-- and the shimmers are superbly blend-able.
    Colors are up to you!

    MAC has great great colors. Sheer champagne lovers should go for Honey Lust-- even though it is also glitter city. I like their light color shadows, but the dark ones-- I find they are streaky when applied without care.

    Check out all our shadow recommendations under 'Eyes'. Cream shadows-- check out the benefit line. All are pretty neutral. Please let us know if you found anything helpful!
    xo
    S.

    PS. From Stila, there is also Kitten-- lovely beige champagne.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts