It's a New Gray. Over The Top by Essie


 Graaaaaaay. Seriously it's the new purple which was the new black...
Anyway aside from the gorgeous new gray all weather boots from piperlime.com that I can't wait to order-- I found a new gray polish for my nails. Can I tell you the highway robbery in manicures going on in this part of the world (NorCal)?? I went to an average nail salon in a strip mall hoping to find something reasonable, and the starting price was $20. If I wanted polish, it's $26. I almost shed tears and simultaneously scoffed, and the ladies-- who looked at me like I was cheap. But honestly? Why can I get a good manicure in New York for $10. Should I BE suspicious? 

Anyway I far prefer Essie polishes to OPI, and I found a cool new gray "Over The Top" $7 --which is a very subtly metallic stone gray. Very different than the warm, smokey OPI shades, but seriously awesome! Even though it's from their 2007 Winter collection. OOPS. It's current, still. Don't worry, lovebugs.

I am crap at applying polish myself, so I will wait to until I return to NY to have my nails lacquered. 

Kisses!
S.

Comments

Popular Posts