Fresh Rose Face Mask. Meh.



When I was younger, I always dreamed that women in their late 20s and early 30s were having the time of their lives. They would spend all day at their fabulous, high-powered jobs (as fashion designers, actresses, foreign correspondents), have sexy affairs with (available) men (who were usually actors, athletes, writers, poets, archeologists and lawyers-- all with exotic accents) and on the nights they prepared for bed alone, they would sit in front of their vanity in lovely negligees, applying lovely rose-scented cold creams at night to help maintain their light-diffused glow.
I was so excited when the woman at the Fresh store handed me a little jar of their rose face mask. Finally! One of the necessary trifectas of my childhood fantasy of being in my late 20s would finally be realized! I would stand in front of my bathroom mirror in one of my many free t shirts (which I will trade in for lacy lingerie now) on basically any night (we are only counting nights spent alone, right?) and apply a rose-scented miracle mask to my face, making me well on my way towards my high powered position as a _____________ and meeting the sexy accented ___________.
Well...
M - E- H, as my lovely friend E would say. That's how underwhelmed the Fresh Rose Face Mask left me feeling. None of my dreams came true.
Supposedly, the rose mask leaves you with soft moisturized skin and reduces redness. I don't really have a redness issue, but I definitely was not treated to a soft skin experience. The gel formulation of this mask (with rose petals that 'melt' into your face) dried up quickly -- and even though it was supposed to exfoliate, it really didn't. I often find the price tag of Fresh products makes you think they might work-- but it takes experiences like this to remind me that $ does not equal effectiveness.

It probably is a treat in the summer to put some of this gel on your face, if you keep the jar in the fridge. In fact, I would buy it for its cooling effects and smell alone (which are the only 2 things I find about this product that recommends itself) if I had money that was burning a hole in my pocket. However, being the Recessionista that I am, that is sadly not the case.

I wish it worked! It's a lovely the thought that this special rosy gel will leave your skin soft and wonderful.

The Good: It smells excellent. I love roses, rose water anything that smells natural and rosy, I'm usually all over it.
The Bad: Well, it didn't do anything. Even after I took it off, I still have certain patches of dry skin on my face and then I feel cheated-- as if I have just wasted my precious 15 minutes hoping for results and all I got was a pretty smelling gel in a jar.
The Ugly: Yeah, sorry for $55, I expect stuff to actually work. Call me crazy!
Dreaming is free... I am not going to surrender my fantasies any time soon, but meeting disappointing products such as these makes my determination to hold on for one more day a little more difficult. Oh well. On to the next.
kisses x
S.

Comments

Popular Posts