Fresh Faced and Shine-Free at Midnight


Happy 2009! I am so excited for the new year, hopefully it's a new year filled with love, laughter, happiness, health, prosperity and of course BEAUTY for all. 

I am getting ready for my marathon New Year's day at the moment, and just thought I would tip you off to my new fave little discovery. Pressed Powder. Fresh Face Lustre to be specific, $45

Hee :) Yes being a product junkie still never meant that I carried around anything more than a lipgloss. I am NOT one of those people whose purse is filled with makeup (although I do have 4 types of gloss at any given time in there). But recently, I was at the Fresh store (researching)-- and I really had a hankering for some new foundation. Being averse to their liquids, I thought I would try out their compact. I thought it would be especially good to dust over Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer with a brush, and then keep it in my purse for quick touchups at the end of the day. 

It is actually a really nice powder. I got a color which I am not 100% happy with called Croisette-- even though I know I needed Chalet. The girl at the store insisted I try Croisette-- so I thought somehow 'she knew better'-- since Croisette is a little tanner-- I can see that on a hot and sweaty day it might change colors to be a little darker than I are, which would leave that weird jawline makeup line. Luckily I haven't experienced a hot day yet. 

As usual, it's upsold as special micronizing particles mixed with aloe vera and crushed green tea blah blahs. Let's break it down here to the bottom line: I never wore pressed powders because to me, keeping that little sponge thing in there made it a breeding ground for bacteria, and I always thought they were filthy. Even changing that sponge still infected the powder (in my mind) because I used to it sop up the oils from my face-- stuck it back in this little container and therefore was Bacteria Bacchnallia. However, the outside of this compact is pretty. 

Anyway-- here's another drawback to this compact. Instead of the flip-up design so that it would facilitate doing ones makeup while on-the-go, this is a screw off top, like a little container-- so that you would need to hold up the mirror which is in the top with one hand, apply the sponge in the other hand, and then sit the actual powder cake portion on your lap. not very functional, Fresh. You should consult me before you put out asinine product design such as this.   

So overall, aside from general apprehensions about pressed powders and the silly design, it's a nice and good pressed powder. Delightful would be another word I would use. Emphatic over-the-top love? No. But then again, since I have been compact-averse, it's not a fair judgment to pass on this thing. Let's see how this powder treats me as I take it on my "Entrance into 2009 Day Trip." 

I'm off to Napa with JC, R and the lovely puppy Ramona Butters. 
Kisses for a safe, wonderful and happy New Year. See you on the flipside!
S. 

Comments

Popular Posts