Deodorant Wars: Bring in the Funk.


S. here, reporting about the funk factor.
I recently road tested 2 deodorants head to head-- L'Occitane Purifying Roll on Deodorant ($19), and Degree Ultra Clear Little Black Dress Approved deodorant.

Well well well, I know I am a good test subject because I am sensitive to smells, and I want to find that defining deo that will keep me fresh and dry. I don't like the Secret line, and I am indifferent to Dove.

Head to head, Degree worked better-- there was less sweat smell (different from B.O.-- it's a more grassy, earthy scent. Ew. I almost puked when I wrote that but I have to share my findings). But it's definitely not 'clear'! By any means. I got definite residue on my black dress.

The L'Occitane one is good. But I'll leave it at that. Someone suggested that I try Kiehl's deodorant, so that is next on my list. I think the L'Occitane one would be ok if I weren't doing anything strenuous, or if I kept reapplying, because the smell is nice-- it's spicy and clove-y (oh PS this is a men's deo).

No one is really winning in the Deo Wars, least of which is me! (And all the people around me). Yesterday on my plane journey I wore the Degree Ultra Clear and when I went to get my luggage out of the overhead bin... Well let me just tell you it was like a "Sure" commercial from the 80's. I was afraid to raise my hands because I definitely wasn't Sure. And it was funky. I am going to have to really wash all those clothes in a warm, scented bath to freshen them up.

Ok I can't write any more about scents because my stomach is churning. Take heed if you sweat a lot and buy L'Occitane because c'est un peu cher. Other than that, I'll keep field testing and letting you know what's what.

Unsure Kisses (and definitely no Hugs).
S.

Comments

Popular Posts