Compliment Cornucopia : Desire Glimmer Shadow



I think cornucopia actually means mixed basket, but for my purposes (alliteration, and excuse to spell cornucopia) -- I am going to tell you I mean it as "plenty."

4th grade vocab lesson aside. Let me tell you about what makes my day. Compliments. The sincere kind. The type I like to give and receive.

Today I got so many on my eyeshadow-- an oldie but goodie I pulled out of my beautiful makeup kit. It's called Desire by i.d. Bare Escentuals, a mainstay of my makeup routine for the last three years.

Desire is a very nude pink, with sheer warm mocha undertones, and a very clean shimmer-- leaning towards bronze (it's actually called a Glimmer Shadow because it does bring a little of the shine). I think I get so many compliments because it picks up on my underlying tones and enhances my eyes without too much juvenile sparkle. The lightness of the color also highlights brown eyes and makes you look more awake. People always compliment me when I wear pink and cream-- so it makes sense that a shadow in that family will also suit me.

The loose powder eyeshadows by Bare Escentuals are such a mess, though! I actually haven't worn this color in a while, because when I am in a rush, it is a pain to carefully unscrew this stuff without spilling a bit everywhere. I use very little, apply with a loosely packed eyeshadow brush, and blow off the excess before I apply. You CAN put too much -- so it takes a couple of tries to get just the right amount on to be flattering to the overall look.

I have 3 other shadows from Bare Escentuals, all of which I can compare to colors by other brands (whose packaging/formulation is less hectic). Nothing compares to Desire, however. Go to a Bare Escentuals boutique and try to find a color that highlights your underlying tones-- for example if you have peachy/mocha tones-- check out a very pale peach in the Glimmer shadows. Yellow... go with the gold!

I do love this product oh-so-very much. A couple of years ago, T's mother and I were having lunch and she just couldn't stop telling me how much she liked the subtlety of this color. I had to get it for her (and T told me she hardly ever wears makeup). I had the same thing happen to me today with another lovely lady who couldn't stop telling me how much she likes this color. I have to run out and see if I can find it for her in time for Christmas. HOLD THE PHONE! Turns out Desire may be discontinued. I don't see it on the Bare Escentuals site at all when I went to do a price check-- but it's on ebay. Uh oh. I'll update as details become available.

Ta ta I'm off to stock up (even though one little pot has lasted me since 2005-- and these things don't go bad if you keep them dry). By the way, they run about $13.

Stockpiled Kisses!
S.

Comments

  1. Hi. I found you when you linked to me and I'm enjoying your blog. I'm writing in a cafe and was JUST about to go to Sephora to pick up some Stila Kitten eye shadow, but now you've made me crave Desire.

    I use BE foundation and concealer. I'm going to go check out their shadows...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie- Hi!
    Was it in bad form that I linked you without asking ;) I just happen to love the Peculiar Beauty blog I read it all the time. Also I really like Kitten from Stila (the color). Kitten has more of a beige base, but I started using it 10 years ago and it's a color I am always attracted to in the stores. Hope BE works out for you (the loose powder can be a mess). Please let us know what you think! We're honored that you read TheGlossBox.
    X
    S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did get Desire and I love it. It's sort of what I always wanted Kitten to be I couldn't remember who recommended it until today. It was you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts