Cheers! Champagne Shadows.


Auf Wiederzang, 2008. May I say goodbye to the best of times and the worst of times with a champagne toast? 

My SuperBFF, R-- a frequent mentionee in the anecdotes of TGB (See, without R, G and Me would not even know each other!)

Anyway, if R and I are at a makeup counter in our brief rendezvous (what is the plural of rendezvous? Rendezvous-es?)-- er in our brief rendezvous while in the same city-- she will dutifully pick out all the colors of eyeshadow that I would potentially buy. And 100% of the time, she's right! Because she only picks up those cashmere champagne toned cakes--- some with shimmer, some with sparkle, some just matte. I happen to love neutral eyes (even though the yellow base doesn't always flatter me). If I had my own line of makeup, believe there would be 8 shades of champagne everything. At least! (I also have a strange attraction to cream-colored cardigans, the more plush looking, the more I lust after them). 

Anyway because I have a champagne eyeshadow fixation, I want to share with you my faves across the board. 

Champagnes are great because everyone has some use for them-- either directly on the lids or as a highlighter under the brow, or right at the inner corner of the eye (Beyonce trick, to make the eyes pop!). 

Beige Champagnes: Stila's Kitten $18-- a high amount of shimmer, especially good for fair women who want to wear a neutral with a pop. A beauty staple, apparently. I remember my cousin, B wore this shade years ago-- and I thought it looked really special on her, and she has a medium skin tone. I wore it and it is definitely shimmery. For me, personally, it harkens back to the late years of high school/early years of college. But it's pretty, fo' sho'. 

Yellow Champagnes: (good for those with too much red on their lids): Chanel Ombre Essentielle Soft Touch Eye Shadow in No. 46 Lotus $40. I bought this shadow on a whim, and I mainly use it to highlight under my brow bone, because on my lids, I feel I look sallow. I have brown lids though. I think this would look perfect on pink or blue lidded women. It works a dream as a highlighter, because it soft, but it doesn't have a silver shimmer. DOES NOT. Which most highlighters have.  

Glittering Champagnes: Nars Night Star $22 is a silver-flecked champagne shadow that really makes you feel like you are at the cluuuurrrrrb. It's a party in a champagne wash-- lovely for you glitter lovers. 
Honey Lust by MAC $14.50 is described as a bronze-dipped peach (all my faves rolled into one!). I would describe it more like a sparkly sparkle fest for your lids which I used to get away wearing to work (OK it's not like I work in a conservative industry FYI). My ultra blonde co-worker used to rock the same shade. It was what we bonded over. It was practically the only thing we had in common. But she looked pretty in it, and I would like to think I did too. 

I also love the Bobbi Brown shadow called Copper Penny which you can read about here.

Pink Champagnes: White Peach by Trish McEvoy $16 is a hint of color and really creamy powder formula. I like this for the peachy glaze it gives the lids. I felt like it was the ultra neutral-- and I always like a little bitsy bit more color. 

G did a review of Shady Lady's Marissa Shadow here.
It's a pink champagne too!

Also check out Giorgio Armani's Sparkling Pink Beige $26. All beautiful things mixed into one. Yummy.

Champagne Kisses!
S.
 

Comments

Popular Posts