Vibrating Device to Wash Your Face? It's Lame.



I am so attracted to things that vibrate [insert "oh you walked into that one" joke here]. I mean, beauty-related, you Gutter Brain (actually I am faux appalled). Hence I buy vibrating mascaras and also vibrating face washers.

I tried out the Dove SkinVitalizer Facial Cleansing Massager some time ago. It comes as a hand-held device with a velcro face. To this, you attach a pad that is filled with Dove cleanser, wet the pad, switch it on and massage the cleanser in to your face.

Can I just tell you: WHAT A WASTE. It's gimmicky and fun for sure-- but think of all the drawbacks.

1. The refills on the pads are v. expensive

2. You are not achieving a unique result-- you can get the same effects with your hands. (It's not like it's hands-free-- you are still getting the cleanser everywhere).

3. I actually found that even though the vibrations were gentle, my skin was a little 'pulled'-- which I am going to equate with 'tight' or 'dry'. I don't like that feeling. Supple is better, right?

4. It is such a useless device and all of the 'extras' (like the hand-held vibrating device, the pads) are all so wasteful and bad for the environment. Remember, we are responsible world citizens, and that includes using less when we can.

It is a 'fun' way to wash your face, I'll grant it that. But I used up all my pads (which lasted about 14 days) and I didn't feel like my skin was any better at the end of it. I seriously think it's not gentle enough my my sensitive dermis which is prone to breakouts.

Neutrogena has come out with their own version called The Wave. Eh. I am going to go out on a limb and say I imagine it has the same drawbacks (even though I haven't tried it yet!).

Save your Dollahs Dolls.
Kisses!
S

Comments

Popular Posts