Under Eye Helper (Not a Fixer)


Dark circles. I can stop there. All the angst and rage and frustration are all unbecoming and probably make them grow in strength, but I know a lot of people feel the same way. What is one to do? There is no pill or magic cream that I know of that will eliminate them. And reduction-- well we all have ideas in the reduction dept from changing our diets (per NV Perricone, which I believe is actually helpful) to rubbing Vitamin K on them (I have seen no noticeable difference-- but maybe it's all psychological). The bottom line is, if you are getting peaceful beauty sleep and still have them, it's probably in your genes. Blame your parents when all else fails, right?

Indian and a lot of North African women are especially susceptible to this problem. Most of our fixes are cosmetic until a cure is discovered.

Personally, I have found a couple of things help my over all look with dark circles when I am in a rush and I don't have time to carefully conceal my undereyes. I believe illuminators and light reflectors impart a freshening look for the undereye region and recommend 2 in particular.

1. YSL Touche Eclat Instant Radiance Highlighting Pens ($40)
I like the click up pen feature, and the formula it dispenses is not exactly a concealer, but more of a deflector. I use it on dark area on my face, especially under my eyes and I feel I do look less tired. This is one of my faves because of the ease of application-- click click, brush it on and tap it all in with your ring finger (which is your 'gentle finger'- best for blending things in the eye area so as to not break the delicate blood vessels in that that area-- which can result in darker dark circles!)

The price tag is high (my main criticism), but it is a fast and convenient formula. I bought mine in early September and I still have it, use it at least 5 times a week and I don't feel it running out.

It can be used anywhere on the face when you want your look evened out. I suggest not putting it on your smile lines (which the lady at the store suggested) because I feel it will eventually settle into those fine lines and make them even more noticeable.

2. Smashbox Photo Op Under Eye Brightener ($18) is another one of those little quick highlighters that you can put on in a rush. They say it is a moisturizer and prep for concealer-- but I have only used it alone and I like the way it looks on.

It's a smaller tube and little more shimmery and liquidy than the YSL formulation, but it has this quality to it which I think works well for pink and paler skin tones. I haven't tried it on my dusky ladies yet, so I am going to but a caveat in for this product: I have only tested it on myself, and I know for my skin tone, it works well (light with pink undertones-- Ashy in the sun).

I like the price and I like the illuminating effect.

The YSL touche Eclat definitely has more going on for it in terms of effectiveness, the Smashbox serves mainly as a highlighter.

I hope this helps you busy ladies out some pulling your look together. I am going to keep my eyes out (oh ha-- it's not quite a pun but could be) for more solutions and quick fixes.

Until then-- bright-eyed kisses.
S

Again, neither of these products will conceal or heal your undereyes, but they will -- when in a rush-- make you look a little more awake and less tired.

Comments

Popular Posts