Tales from the Nail Salon: Royal Nails


Isn't it funny? At one time, black nails were thought to be edgy and anti-establishment. Now, there are 5 shades of black polish to choose from at the manicurists. At least!  

 Try to punch up your dark look next time with a deep metallic purple-- it looks black but shimmers with violet delight when it catches the light. 

I put it on my toes-- and can I just say? L O V E. I like the colors by Essie, because I feel (if not diluted by a stingy nail tech) it stays the best and the longest. Recommendation: Sexy Divide by Essie, $8 (Purple Perfection in a bottle). 

If you have the luxury of getting frequent manicures, or are fastidious about your nail care, experiment with rebel colors this season like lavenders and metallics. Red is so expected. 

I tried lavender nails on my hands-- great, fun look for short, short nails. I have giant nail beds and it ended up looking like Easter eggs on my hands. My roommate wears lavender nails all the time, and they look SPECTACULAR on her. Recommendation: Huckle Buckle (but best on people with short or squarish nail beds. ) 

 
Be different, but tasteful. That's my tip (no pun intended!). 

Anti-pedestrian Kisses!
S  

Comments

  1. I love Sexy Divide by Essie. I'm wearing it now! I used to think that wearing dark shades was too goth and not for me. It reminded me of those goth kids that hung out outside of Oakridge Mall and Valley Fair (Yay Area!!!) Btw... love that Lavender shade on you S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OPI - Lincoln Park After Dark....great dark deep purple-black color! Will test the Essie and let u know what I think!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts