Sexy-Eyed Surprise: Cream Shadow.



I don't like to get my makeup done at cosmetics counters. I feel they see my eyes and get so excited by all the eyelid area I have, that they just overdo the shadows. Especially when they try to get that whole smoky eye thing going. It's like they go insane, and in a couple of hours I have shadow hanging out in a striated fashion on my lids. The few who have anticipated this problem urge me to buy an eye lid cream, then an eye shadow base and then put on my shadow. It's all so hectic! I am not for many products to achieve the same results that one well-thought out product can bring about.

Anyway I've finally found an excellent creaseless cream shadow which I recommend by Benefit, called (duh!) Creaseless Cream Shadow ($19). The application with your finger is fast, and the color range is pretty much dummy-proof. This shadow stays until you want to take it off and then it leaves very easily. I am so happy with this, and it fits perfectly into my 5 minute makeup routine (I use a color which has since been discontinued called 'Marry Up' from the Gabbi collection.-- but they have other great colors too!) I haven't done this yet, but the package says you can build up the layers if you want a more intense color on your lids. There is a 10-20 second drying time after you put it on to let this product set, but it's usually not a big deal to me.

I love the effect of having a slightly reflective lids, without glitter or too much shimmer. The formula itself smells like butterscotch (I know, what is it with me and all these candy flavors, but it's true, it smells like a hard candy)-- luckily it's light enough that it doesn't bother you once it goes on. Although-- I have to say-- I don't know if the smell is intentional or just the result of their formulation.

Overall I am extremely happy with this shadow and the ease of application and it's long wear.
I give it 3 out of 5 stars.

Smooth Kisses!
S

Comments

Popular Posts