Penhaligons





I love it when someone picks up a beautiful article of clothing and says, "That's so you, it's totally your style"-- and I am even more flattered when someone borrows an article of clothing from me like a scarf,  and gushes about how good it smells because it smells like me. (My perfume, to be specific). And I especially extra specially love it when someone of the opposite sex tells me my perfume game is tight. 

But I don't like it when a person, say from the opposite sex, tells me, "oh your perfume smells like this one girl I used to know". Watch out, it's on. No one, I said NO ONE is allowed to bite my scent styles. Ya hear? -- so I am always on the lookout for cool perfumes that no one else has, because I love being unique, without being cloyingly obvious about it.

Penhaligon's from England is one of my favorite scent discoveries, and I urge you check them out. There is something magical and cool and very vintage about the look and scents they have.  It reminds me of lovely musky creams that my Mom used to apply, and how nice she smells before bed. The entire feel of the line has a wonderful spirit, something that is meant to be treasured and displayed. The perfumes themselves evoke a glamorous era, and I imagine all my favorite movie stars who are mainly seen in Black and White films would have dabbed their wrists with Penhaligon's scents.

Last year, I was given a lovely set of the Penhaligon's candles, and I loved them. They have an entire line from men's shaving products to the expected bathroom accoutrements.  I bought the sampler (pictured) so I could get a sense of all of the smells before I dropped close to $100 on a bottle (don't judge, some people indulge in shoes, I indulge in perfumes.) The candles make exclusive and chic gifts and the soaps are lovely (I've used them at someone's house, and my level of respect for their guest bathroom choices was 10/10).


 The scents are sophisticated, sultry across the board, and familiar-- without having that pedestrian obscenity that I feel so many commercial scents on the market drown themselves in. 

And don't worry, they have enough scents in their library that I am sure our choices in perfume and men won't overlap. But if our paths do cross, watch out because there's going to be a girl fight. 

Penhaligon Perfumes are available at Saks 5th Avenue and Penhaligon boutiques and online. 

Kisses! 

Comments

  1. Have you tried Creed perfumes? They sell them at Neimans. An Ex-Boyfriend bought me Spring Flower, but I recently tried Silver Mountain Water. It's a multi-dimensional scent. As you breathe in, the scent smells different. Amazing stuff but costs around $125 for the smaller bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Creed a lot too. Check back, we are going to do a little section on scents and gift ideas. I haven't fallen in love with anything from Creed yet, but scents are a lot more subjective than makeup.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts