The No Makeup Makeup Guide in 8 steps.

Right. Like I would ever advocate zero makeup. I just wanted to put together a look of v. little makeup for all you makeup junkies out there (like me) who know it's better to look bare than all gussied up everyday, but just can't face the idea of leaving the house all nekkid in the facial region.

OR, and I'm not going to name names-- but some of your pretty little baby faces underestimate the importance of a touch of makeup to pull it all together. You've got the clothes, the job, the brains and the degrees... now get the look.

Here's a 5 minute look just for you, consisting of all the essentials: 
  • Sunscreen/Moisturizer, 
  • A 'base' or something to even out your skin tone on your face ( I can't believe I just said 'base'-- I don't know anyone under the age of 55 who would say base-- but I don't know what else to call it!)
  •  Eyeshadow
  •  Eye liner 
  •  Mascara
  •  Blush 
  •  Gloss (of course!)

 Sounds like a lot, but don't worry! It's nothing out of the ordinary.

With the right brushes and the right colors, it's a breeze, and you won't look a fright, TRUST.

Ready? Set? Go!

1. Prep your face with a sunscreen/moisturizer. Use Oil of Olay Definity, Oil of Olay Total Effects or whatever your favorite sunscreen moisturizer is. Application + Drying Time= 60 seconds.

2. For you people with something to hide (like me!) start dusting on your mineral makeup. Remember, conceal your flaws first, then swirl, tap and buff your way to getting your canvas ready. Prep time + application time = 60 seconds (I've got a lot of flaws!).

3. Eyes- Sweep on your fave simple shadow while your 'face' is setting. I recommend Copper Penny by Bobbi Brown at the moment. Application time = 10 seconds.

4. Eyes- Line away! Whether you go with a liquid or pencil line-- hit your top lashes with the thinnest line possible, just to define. Application time= 60 seconds (take your time, do it right).

5. Eyes- 2 coats and that's it if you take my advice and use DiorShow. Sweep Sweep, Sweep Sweep. Done. Application time: less than 10 seconds.

6. Cheeks- Smile. Dust on your face blush-- and my tip? Always blow on the brush to avoid over-application. Application time= 10 seconds.

7. Lips- You're almost done, Turbo. 1 coat of your fave peachy or rose gloss or lipstick (I just picked up Bare Escentuals Buxom Gloss in Amber today ($22)-- a perfect peach if I've ever seen one). Pucker up and ship out. 10 seconds.

8. Look at yourself in the sunlight or bright light to make sure you're all blended and ready to go. You're done, you're out the door and professional as ever. Go and take over the world. I would spend at least a minute checking out to make sure your jaw line is right. I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten to check myself in bright light and then cringed throughout the day at the thought of my uneven applications. Learn from my mistakes.

So you're out the door in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. I just hope you remembered where you put your keys.

Have a great day!
Speedy Kisses,
S




Comments

  1. When you say in number 4 "hit your top lashes with the thinnest line possible, just to define" what is the best product for that? I can never get the line thin enough and end up ruining everything trying to wipe it off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things I like to do: Keep a sharpener on hand, and get a good tip on your pencil (I re-sharpen about every other day- it's not that wasteful, I promise).

    2. I am currently using Smashbox Jet Liner which comes in a pot-- so I use a brush (Bobbi Brown makes a great one for their gel liner, and Laura Mercier does a square flat one which is also great or the thin line) or those pointed Q tips you can buy in the cosmetics section at the drugstore. That gets that nice and close line.

    3. Take the same pointed Q tip (hope you know what I am talking about-- you see them at cosmetics counters in dept. stores as well) or a nice fine brush and dip a wet tip into a nice dark shadow and line with that.

    I also sometimes just line the inner rims on the top and bottom-- just to define a little bit... I have to say, unless I use the Smashbox, the inner rim line usually goes away quite fast.

    If your hand is unsteady, try lining in between your lashes, or right below.

    One thing that is critical: A lot of the twist-up eye liners won't sharpen (bc they are self-sharpening) and you will always get a dull line... it really depends a lot on what you use.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts