Michael Angelo’s Wonderland Beauty Parlor – Ooooh La La!


Hair, hair, luxurious hair. From a very young age I have been obsessed with long, lovely, shiny hair. From preschool through about 2nd grade, I picked friends based on their shininess and length of their locks. Yes, I know… I was quite shallow back then (don’t worry… I don’t do this anymore… although most of my friends do have georg hair!!!) I used to have a best friend named Erin, and in preschool I would to invite her over to my house to play beauty parlor. I would make her sit on one of my mini plastic chairs… and would ask her what she wanted me to do to her hair. I absolutely loved brushing her long gorgeous blond locks. I unfortunately, like most other little Indian girls, had a short bowl cut. Not fun at all! On one occasion my mother came into my room to find Erin crying softly. She asked Erin what was the matter. She looked up at my mother with her big brown eyes and with tears streaming down her face said, “I don’t want G to brush my hair anymore!!! I want go home!!!”

Apparently I had been brushing her hair for almost one hour straight! My mother took the brush out of hand, gave me a dirty look, took Erin’s little hand and led her out of my room. I seriously had no clue what the problem was…

Over the years, I have had some pleasant and some scary hair experiences. I am very particular about my hair, and probably don’t get it cut as often as I should. A friend recently suggested that I check out Michael Angelo’s Wonderland Beauty Parlor. I checked out the website, read the stylist bios and decided to give them a call. The sweetest girl answered the phone. I asked her tons of annoying questions… do you guys understand long hair? Is there anyone there can do a long layered look? Do you guys understand Indian hair? Do you really listen to what customers want? I have very dry hair… is this conditioning treatment really going to make a difference?

I’m surprised she didn’t hang up on me! Tiffany, the girl on the phone, answered all my questions and said she could cut my hair. I decided... why not!

Today, while walking down the cobbled streets of meatpacking, and almost falling on numerous occasions, I noticed a tempting beauty store… and realized after looking more closely that it was Wonderland Beauty Parlor!!! I stepped into the store and felt like I was in a beauty wonderland. A very pretty gentleman led me to the back and brought me some tea. Each station is set up with a vintage style beauty dresser and mirror. The current look seems to be of an underwater wonderland. Iridescent streamers, mermaid Barbie dolls swimming in glass globes hang from the ceiling, amazing photography drapes the walls. Pinks and aqua blues… soooo pretty.

The hair experience: So, I met Tiffani. She is great! I have long hair, which I like layered in the most specific way. This was seriously the first time, in a long time, a hairstylist really listened to me! I love the result. The Kerastase conditioning treatment made my hair so shiny, soft, smooth and luxurious. I can’t stop touching my hair. Stop it G! The cut is absolutely divine. My hair is still long and the layers are subtle and flirty. I can’t wait to go out tonight to show it off.

I haven’t recommended a salon to anyone in the two and half years I have been in NY. I totally recommend this one!

Big hug!

G

Comments

  1. I love my new haircut. Tiffani was just fantastic. My hair looks healthy and I love the layers. Great recommendations Glossbox girls. Definitely going back here for my next cut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got a trim today with Lizzie. Everyone at this salon is so friendly and nice, I could spend hours there because it is such a fun, welcoming environment. The staff is so great! Everyone from the reception to the assistant to the stylists to the owners. Fantastic for the price, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that comment above should have been signed:
    Happy Lovely Kisses!
    S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this place! Thank you glossbox girls for the recommendation. They gave me a rocking hair cut and banging bangs! I can't wait for my next cut.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts