Be Cool with Purple Lashes


I've always been a bit of a punk at heart. However, I've never been able to pull the trigger on a really cool look like a tattoo or real Jem-colored pink hair. I get my kicks and act out in subtle ways, like through subversive mascaras. Right now, I look like I am all boring and wearing plain old black mascara, and then when I step into the light- POW- people see that I am super cool and really edgy and a punk because I am batting violets. (Please note, only 1 out of 4 of those statements is an empirical truth).

I personally use a very subtle but distinct hue, called Fascinating Violet by YSL Volume Effete Faux Cils (in the gold tube) which runs about $27.50. It's very professional and yet still distinct enough to make the money spent feel worthwhile.

Devoted friends and readers know my major caveat about this mascara: wearing it everyday can cause lash loss-- so I alternate days on it (As you know science is a slippery subject here at TGB, so I can't really tell you WHY it causes lash loss, just know that I conduct tests on my own precious lashes, and I will only share with you my findings). There are lots of other great shades on the market that can punch up your look, so don't be afraid to get one. This particular line has Burgundy, Khaki, Navy and Extreme Blue in addition to Blacks and Browns.

It's super fun to try unexpected colors, but if you are a semi-professional, I would steer clear of things that look like leftovers from your Halloween costume.

Because there is a bright line between "punky cool" and "tacky clueless".

Kisses!
S

Comments

Popular Posts