Bare Escentuals Buxom Lips


After living in LA for 2 years, I got so used to Trout Pouts (think Meg Ryan of late, Lisa Rinna) that I started to seek glosses that gave me that pillowed and pouty look. One of the best temporary plumper-uppers I found was Buxom Lips by i.d. Bare Escentuals ($22). I am not a huge advocate of lip plumpers, but if you're on the market for one, I would give this one a go.

Lip plumping glosses always make me feel so AWARE of my lips. I like the feeling because it makes me think with my mouth. And as the sagacious Miss Cher Horowitz let us all know, it's always good to draw attention to your mouth. You know to get a guy (or girl, whatever way you swing) to think of kissing. Well that was her point anyway even if I butchered the line.

Buxom Lips has a couple of drawbacks, the main one being the taste/smell. The vanilla- toffee smell is so strong. It smells exactly like the toffee nut lattes Starbucks put out a couple years ago. To me, the severity of the smell is nauseating. But apparently guys like it. Plus it makes your tongue kind of numb, which is sort of exciting?

A sort of good/bad tossup is that the gloss is not very super viscous like my arch nemesis, MAC Lip Glass. Oh how I loathe MAC Lip Glass and the way your hair sticks to it and the mess it used to create. I re-apply quite often. In fact, since this morning I had to reapply twice. Maybe I am just trying to catch that tingly high that keeps me coming back.

Here's a quick Good, Bad and Ugly about this product:

Good: Feels like a party on your lips and I think it makes you look pretty. I have definitely been smiling more. Plus they have a great range of colors which are sheer and elegant.

Bad: The smell and the need to reapply often.

Ugly: Can't think of any! Yay!


Overall 2.5 stars out of 5. I am not disappointed with this product, so give it a go if you're out on the lip plumping market. Plus I have a soft spot for Bare Escentuals because I just like them, I don't know why. I think it's that they're kind of cheesy but kind of great products at the same time. I never thought I would like something that is also sold on QVC, and yet, somehow, someway, it just gets me every time. Go figure.

Pillowy Kisses!
S

PS the color I am digging right now, which goes with my whole "peach" look is called Amber.

Comments

Popular Posts