Rock and Republic Lip Gloss


Uh. Yeah so Rock and Republic have come out with their own line of cosmetics. Well good for them. I guess I just have never bought into the lifestyle they are selling me. ANYWAY so I got 3 glosses from them in a gift set-- for free-- and guess WHAT? They are not that bad.

Of the 3 colors I received my fave is called "Vacant" (an allusion of the LA -- gotta be). It is the perfect pink-brown and matches my lips EXACTLY. It's like that nudey gloss I have been searching ever since I first saw JLo and her flesh colored lips has now finally been born, and I no longer have to mix colors to look like the fabulous Miss Lopez circa 1999 (the best year, if you ask me). The taste is pleasant-- it has that thick vanilla-cake flavor-- but it's def. not sickening like Bonne Belle.

The only problem with this gloss is that I find it a little thick and tacky-- so good in terms of coverage, but it does often leave this weird film on the inside of my lips reminiscent of my most HATED product Mac Lipglass. The schpiel I got from the lady at the counter was that this gloss contains lots and lots of moisturizers, and the thin skin at the junction of our lips can't absorbs these moisturizers and therefore it leaves that grossy film. Whatever my head almost exploded trying to re-explain that. Just know it leaves that white film on the inside of your lips after you use it.

Great color though-- perfect 'Nude' without being cadaver-esque.

3 out of 5 stars. Since it's still a new line, see if you can go to Neiman's or Bloomingdale's and score a free sample. Try before you buy.

Nudey Kisses!
S

PS- That's not what the color looks like-- it's just a generic photo. XO

Comments

  1. I knew this was by you S, even before I got through the second sentence. I completely buy into the R&R lifestyle, but I'd never trust them with lip care products. I am amazed at your open-ness. Thanks to your post I'll awoid them and be white film free...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend from b-school helped develop the beauty line at R&R. She hated working for the company but says that the beauty line is quite nice.

    G

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts