Oil of Olay Moisturizer. Moussey Goodness.


Like I am apt to do, I saw a woman with beautiful skin and I stopped her to ask her the secret. In addition to monthly facials (at a famous spa in Manhattan which I won't recommend til I try)-- she said she uses Oil of Olay Definity moisturizer. I ran to the drugstore and bought it right away-- because I want to look as good as her in 10 years (when I would be her age, I was shocked to find out).

OMG. First of all, 'tis not inexpensive because it comes from the drugstore (as I recall it's close to $30). Secondly, what is up with all the packaging-- seriously NOT eco friendly. Shame on you, Olay-- make it simple and clean and if it's a good product, people will buy it.

SO here's the deal: This Olay line is confusing there are so many aspects to it. In fact, they've set up an entire website to help you navigate. I bought the SPF 15 Foaming Moisturizer-- yes, foaming. Which means, in the fancy pants way that goes along with their NON ECO FRIENDLY and NON RECYCLABLE packaging, the moisturizer itself comes out as a mousse. Just keep it simple!

But the bottom line is: It's not bad. I don't know if it will deliver on all the ffects that it claims such as reducing brown spots and wrinkles and creating a brighter complexion-- but I have to say-- I did feel my makeup sat better (I used it with a sunscreen and with my usual makeup)-- and I felt like my skin did appear to be more supple. I give it 3 out of 5 stars, serious deducitions for the gimmicks and the packaging.


*** UPDATE*** I have been using this for a week+, and I am upgrading it to 4 out of 5 stars!
I really see a difference in my skin, and it's not like I have been drinking more water or anything. I now HIGHLY recommend this product. ***END UPDATE***

And although the product was expensive, it was no where near as expensive as dropping upwards of $40 on a cosmeceutical. Quality, price and effects all come recommended. Boo for the packaging.

Kisses
S

Comments

  1. I bought this moisturiser after reading this post. I have no problem with the foam, and my skin feels soft and smooth. But I absolutely agree with the comments made on the packaging. Just because it costs more than other moisturisers one would find in a drug store, that does not mean you have to put it in a fancy little pump dispenser. After 3+ months of using it every day, I am now running out of it, and unlike cheap bottled moisturisers, which I would shake till the last remnants squirted out, the pump dispenser intermittently oozes the last parts of my $40 cream, giving me no idea whether or not I should just throw it away. There is no way of telling, which is not the case with a bottle or a jar of cream.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts