MAC Eyeliners: Love by G/ Loathe by S



Here is an item that is seriously disputed between G and S: Mac Eyeliners. First read the LOVE item by G, then scroll down and read the LOATHE item by S.

LOVE
I didn’t realize it till I moved to New York what a big difference a little eyeliner can make for your appearance. When I was younger I would just apply a shadow over the entire crease of my eye. It just doesn’t have the impact that a lined eye does. Various friends (S, G (roommate), and my favorite makeup artist at the MAC on 22nd and Broadway who unfortunately moved to Ohio last week, ugggh) really got me into the practice of wearing eyeliner daily. My favorite colored eyeliners these days are by MAC. The MAC Pearlglide Eye Liner in Bankroll (a rich shimmery green with a pearl-metal look) is my current obsession. Pearlglider Eye Liner applies beautifully! These liners has a very creamy consistency that glides on effortlessly. I hate those eyeliners that hurt when you apply them. This shimmery green is absolutely gorgeous on any skin tone. It’s the perfect touch when you want to wear lite makeup, but want to add an element of drama.


Another MAC liner that I absolutely love and have been using for the last three years (obviously not the same one… I’ve been through about 6) is MAC Eye Kohl in Teddy (a rich shimmery bronze that has a matt pear like finish). This liner is not as creamy as the Pearlglide Eye Liner but still applies quite easily. Almost daily I apply a thick line of Teddy. At times I will smudge the color over my entire eyelid.

This past Tuesday night I went to an art showing at the Tribeca Grand Hotel and wore a mix of the The MAC Pearlglide Eye Liner in Bankroll and MAC Eye Kohl in Teddy (I also mixed in my fav Chanel liner which you will read about soon). What a dramatic effect! For the first time I achieved the perfect smokey look without the help of a friend or makeup artist. Yeeaaaaah! G is finally growing up! He he!

Enjoy!

Hugs!
G

LOATHE

I detest MAC eyeliners. I find them to be a bad purchase for people with watery or oily eye areas. I line my inner eye rims (like a good Indian girl)-- and the MAC black eye pencil immediately runs. I also find their slick formula when combined with my oily area slips-- and I look all Panda Prostitue-y. This is one of my most loathed products.

I've used the Pearl Liner in BANKROLL-- it's the best of the bunch, and I used it for a long time to add that extra punch of color to my eyes. But it's so ho hum, doesn't get the makeup-loving juices flowing.

EBONY Eyeliner by MAC is too greasy for my eyes, and I don't recommend it to anyone who has a watery or oily eye area.

MAC's Eye Kohl in Fascinating, which is a shimmery white that I used upon an ELLE mag recommendation (because Beyonce used it to give her that 'light in her eyes that beguiled her man') is OK-- I like it because it's a shimmering way to add a little white liner to your life-- but it never really struck me as a great find. I just used it because I had spent the money on it.

Overall, I never recommend MAC liners, because I believe there are better eye pencils out there.

And if you're wondering, "Hello! S, if you have watery and oily eyes why don't you wear WATERPROOF"? Because, you overwise question-asker, waterproof is a B to get off. There's gotta be a non-waterproof (which translates into wash-proof, don't be fooled newbies)AMAZING eyeliner. So far I like NARS pencil liner, and I am trying out SMASHBOX GEL LINER. I'll let you know how it goes.

XO
S

Comments

Popular Posts