Moisurizing serum for your hair


How many times have I told you I have extremely dry hair? Well I do! Like most indian girls I have to apply some type of softening product to my hair when I get out of the shower. I have used MANY different leave in hair oils over the years.

Oscar Blandi's Jasmine Hair Oil: This stuff smells amazing but leaves my hair with a slightly oily look

Frizz Ease Hair Serum: This stuff does not smell that great and leaves my hair greasy looking

Phyto Phytolisse Finishing Serum: This serum smell like alcohol and left my hair dryer than it was before. It does not have that smooth serum like tecture. It felt as if I didn't smooth into my hair immediately it would evaporate

The best leave in hair serum I have discovered so far is Neutrogena's Triple Moisture healing shine serum. It's quite cheap (around $6) and feels luxurious when you put it in your hair. I pour out about 6 drops into my palm and run it through wet hair. I am careful not to rub too much of it near my scalp. Unlike some other serums this one won't make your hair oily, but of course... if you pour out too much or rub it into your scalp you will have that oily greasy look. After I apply it to my hair, I brush my hair with a large brush and then wrap a hot towel around my head for a few minutes. A hot towel always helps to lock in moisture making your hair look more silky and soft. After removing the towel I blow dry my hair with a large brush. My hair feels so soft, straight and silky. I freak out when I run out of this stuff. It is soooo fabulous. My sister has curly hair and also loves the stuff. If leaves her hair soft and shiny as well.

Enjoy! Huggles,

G

Comments

  1. I hate the Phyto Phytoliss serum. You're right, it's like a waste of time to even put that in your hair! Maybe it's good for fine hair. And I totally agree with you on frizzease, although-- when I was younger I loved it. Mainly because my hair was thicker. At this point in time, it's a grease FEST. Good call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am a fan of the Kerastase "SÉRUM OLÉO-RELAX"... however this seems to be a much better value - I'll have to try it out! Though, one of these bottles lasts like 6 months and I just repurchased. Also, a warm towel? Really? That sounds so wonderful! Do you just throw it in the microwave?

    BTW - Great blog, I'm super excited!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts