Comfort Water


Doesn't that sound so lovely? Clarins Comfort Water One-Step Cleanser with Essential Peach Oils, for times when you just don't want to have to use water and Cetaphil (another post).

So I paid and bought the comfort water product for $21-- mainly because of the allure of a 1-step cleanser that had a peachy hue in the bottle, and the prospect of not having to go through the splish splosh of washing my face every night and the ensuing mess created. I haven't bought cleansing cloths in a while because of -- you know-- the economy. Sarcasm and disdain in that last sentence.

OK so the verdict is: This 1 step cleanser may get off some of your makeup, but certainly not all. When I saturated a cotton square, I was able to remove 75% of my makeup (please don't make me procure the complicated algorithm I used to derive that exact figure of 75%-- it's probably over your head. I am proficient in retail math. 'Nuff said.)-- Anylie, I would have had to soak a second cotton to get off the rest. Now a case can be made to say I wear more makeup than the average (teddy) bear-- but I can assure you, this stuff just isn't for the frugally or slothily-minded.
It smells like a light version of Snapple's Peach ice tea, bringing back memories of Jr. High -- ahh the mid 90s, such a great time for fruity flavored things (remember Country Apple? Everything seemed to revolve around that scent in my bathroom from shampoo to after body spray from 93-94. Now when I get all nostalgic and go to smell it at Bath and Body Works, it just brings back memories of awkward attempts to get the attention of my crush and fantasizing about my fabulous future life I planned to have. Yeah not much has changed). Anydigression, here's the Good, Bad and Ugly of it:

The Good: It took off most of my makeup, my skin felt loverly afterwards.
The Bad: Seems a little, how do you say, pricey to pay for this comfort water when you need so much to get he job done, and there are other products out there yielding the same results.
The Ugly: Can't say I found one. Yay!

I regard this as a non-essential product. The end.

Peachy Kisses,
S

Comments

Popular Posts