Yves Saint Laurent Golden Gloss


Yesterday I spent the day with my beautiful Turkish friend. She is the only other girl (besides S of course) who is as obsessed with lip colors as I am. While waiting for our table at 202 (16th and 9th... my favorite brunch place in the city) I insisted upon looking through her lovely chanel makeup back. Lipglosses, lipsticks, blushes, eye shadows.... oh my! This girls invests a lot of money in her makeup! All chanel and Yves Saint Laurent. I knew right then that we had to make an emergency visit to Saks (5th and 49th) to quench my need for a creamy new lipcolor.


I personally have had no experience with Yves Saint Laurant beauty products, but my turkish friend insists that they have the most amazing lip colors. So, after wanderng the endless floors of Saks for hours, we saved the best treat for last... floor 1 - Beauty.... Saks 5th Avenue. Ahhhhhh! The Saks beauty floor is out of control, gorgeous - amazing. I wonder if they have a rule that you have to be beautiful and thin to work there. Everyone at the counters is so sexy and international.


So, getting back to the main point of this post. We went straight for the YSL counter and a lovely latin man helped me look throught loads of lipsticks and lipglosses. The last item he had me try was the YSL Golden Gloss. I looked in the mirror and felt like a princess. This stuff is so creamy delicious and smells like roses! The color is a perfect mauve plum and let me get to the best part... has bits of 24 carat gold in it! My lips have never looked beautifully glossy. Don't think that this stuff is going to make you look like a teeny bobber with overly glossy glittery lips. This is the perfect color, perfect amount of gloss, and just slight glimmer of gold. I feel so glamorous every time I put it on. Oh and by the way... my Turkish friend is so fair (I would describe her complexion as peaches and cream) and I am currently a golden brown from all my hiking and beach trips. The color looks amazing on both of us! You can wear it alone, over your favority lipstick, or with a liner. I prefer to wear it alone. Ladies, you deserve it. A lovely summer treat!


Enjoy!


G

Comments

Popular Posts