Radiant Facial

Manhattan. A lovely place, really. Except for the toll it takes on your skin. Be it age or be it environment, my skin was looking a little dull.

I stopped a person on the street with radiant skin (I'm shameless like that) and HE told me he got a skin brightening facial at the Clarins skin spa. Well I signed myself up!

I have had many facials in the past, some with less-than-stellar results. Like the time the woman put some weird electrodes on my face and said she was aligning my chakras. I'm new-agey and all for it, but in the end, no results. There was also this time I had an 'acne clearing' facial and basically ended up red and alone for a week. And! I was pressure-sold lots of useless cosmeceuticals. I am very wary of aggressive Eastern European aestheticians for this reason.

Anyway.

The Clarins skin brightening facial at their skincare center (or do they spell it centre-- they seem all Euro like that)-- anyway it's an extraction-free facial, focusing on the power of touch and lymphatic draining. Sounds wishy-washy, but the result speaks for itself. It's been 2 days, and my skin really feels rejuvenated and smoother. My makeup application has been a much more joyous process.

At first, I was a little disappointed that she wasn't going to aggressively pull out all the nasty things that I imagined to be clogging my pores. But her series of applications which involved a cleanser, and enzyme mask, exfoliator and a brightening mask really did clean up what may be lurking beneath.

My technician, Colleen, put me in an absolute state of relaxed bliss and she was able to shed the tired layers of dead dermis piling up on my visage. She started by requesting to touch my face, and made her assessment after listening in detail to my skin concerns and expectations. As a result, she was able to tailor the product perfectly to my skin type (sensitive, combo skin prone to monthly breakouts). There was no redness or downtime, and I can really see a difference.

Know the skin you're in, but if you are like me (combo skin, sensitive, prone to hyper pigmentation and really scared of Romanian butchers aestheticians) I would highly recommend seeking out the services at the Clarins Skin Spas. Check out www.clarins.com for skin care centres near you.

Maybe it's just an inflated sense of self confidence, but I could have sworn I got more than the usual number of sleazy flattering remarks from the transients, vagrants, vagabonds, and day-wage earning Lotharios who normally harass take a shine to me. What more can a girl ask for?

Kisses
S

Comments

Popular Posts