Polished girls have polished nails

I love the little things in life and feel profoundly happy when I get a fresh salon manicure. However, I only manage to escape for a nail session once every 2 weeks. In the meantime, I try and keep my hands looking as profesh as possible by choosing buff-colored nail enamels that look sophisticated and clean-- escaping the embarrassing glances when they accidentally start to peel or chip -- (Frankly, those types of talons put a strain on the eyes of the observer, you feel me?)

The best selection of sheers I find come from Essie--- whose 'cheap' looking bottle I once shunned, but now I prefer these enamels.

Cafe Forgot by Essie is the best 'naked' color I have found so far for my skin tone (which is medium to tan with pink undertones). I also find Samoan Sand by OPI and Palchinko Pale by Essie to be good subs when Cafe Forgot is unavailable.

You can find the perfect color for you, but hopefully these suggestions will help you out.

Nude-tinted colors look more pulled together than natural nails with a coat of clear, because it's the equivalent of concealer for your nails. It's worth the time and (minimal) extra effort.

Fast manicure tips:
If the 'buff' or sheer color you find relegated to in your salon looks too 'white' or creamy, put down 1 coat of your chosen color, and 1 coat of Pink Glove Service by Essie, which almost every salon will have.
It imparts a very transparent pink and restores a 'lively' look to your nails.

I find the topcoat to be the most important thing about a salon--- usually a good topcoat will keep your manicure relatively intact for up to 2 weeks (unless you're washing your dishes without gloves or handling corrosive materials-- quel horreur!).

Buy your color! If you find it, buy it. You never know when it might be discontinued...

Kisses!

S.


Comments

Popular Posts