The Ped Egg- A review not-for the squeamish


I'll say it: The bottom of my feet look like I'm thickening them up for some walking-over-hot-coals type of competition. They can be rough and tough. I mean, the pedicurists will often shake their heads and up-sell me expensive callus treatments because I apparently have one of the worst bottom-of-the-feet skins they've ever seen. Ew.

So you can imagine how irresistable the PedEgg (about $10 from the drugstore) was to me as I saw it positioned by the counter at Rite Aid. If you're unfamiliar with the infomercial, this self-proclaimed miraculous foot product promises to rid you of your embarassing under-foot calluses and promises you a better life overall.
Let me de-mystify: It's a cheese grater for your feet. Double ew, I know.

I'll joyously announce, however, that it works!

Unlike the blade-and slice contraptions that you can buy at the beauty store-- and that some naughty salons will use on you-- the PedEgg literally 'grates' your skin off (and niftily saves it so you can empty it out later.) Blade-and-slicer callus removers are notorious for allowing the hard skin to rebuild-- sometimes even harder than before and are generally regarded as being 'not-good-for-you-only-to-be-used-in-extreme-cases. The PedEgg, through its brilliant spartan 'cheese grater' err- "precision-cut micro-blades"-- pardonez- moi-- mimics the effects of a really good salon salt scrub and does get rid of those nasty patches and crackled rough spots on the heels, without cutting as deeply as the blade-and-slicer. The result over time is that you end up properly exfoiliating away the built-up skin causing the callus, to reveal younger healthier skin (which you must then lavish with lovely moiturizers and sleep in socks in order to maintain).

So cheesy product -- good results. Yay for the PedEgg. I wish I had invented it.

Kisses

S.

Comments

  1. omg! I have always wanted to try the pedegg! I'm buying to today!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts