Universal O


First of all, all the cars on my street have their car alarms going off, it's 1:30am. Are car alarms still effective? Does that seem like a qualm from the late 80s or early 90s, car alarms? Isn't technology more sophisticated than that? Can't Lo Jack just send you a text to your BlackBerry? Anyway-- this bout of late night electronic wails led me to turn on Late Night with Conan O'Brien, and this woman named Duffy is performing. Her.blush! C'est terrible! I don't think it's intentional like the Wino liner-and-beehive. You know what she needs? A better cheek color. She's practically begging me to tell you about my fave item.

Known as the 'universal blush,' Orgasm by NARS is a pretty, golden-hued peach-ish pink-ish sheer color that really does look good on everyone. It's like the O bloodtype... except from the world of blush. Get it? Because everyone can use it, but only NARS makes it?

Oh ha ha. When the wacky makeup-namers (BTW, my total dream occupation! That is, if such a position exists and you know of an opening somewhere, call me! I have a million makeup names saved in my head)--- Anyway: When the makeup moniker assignors (official-sounding, non?) at NARS came up with that name, they just knew the reaction it would elicit. Smarties. The name is practically unforgettable.

It will solve your need to find a skin-tone flattering blush. Before I discovered Orgasm (again, ha ha), I tried it all-- MAC, Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Benefit, Laura Mercier, Trish McEvoy, Lancome, Christian Dior-- in all hues of pink, sheer coral, peach, brown (yes, BrownBerri by Bobbi Brown--- I remember giving a friend a makeover and recommending this color--- and she refuses to relinquish it). I achieved a certain level of success in all these shades, but Orgasm has been the best, no fuss, non-seasonal color I have used. And I like to dust it on everyone just to test me theory. It works, seriously.

The best way to describe why I like this color is that it's just enough color. It goes on pretty. You can't mess it up. I am totally guilty of applying makeup in low lighting, only to be shocked at the amount of blush I had chosen to lavish on my large cheek area. With Orgasm, I am not in danger looking like I took makeup tips from Dynasty. (Although I will be giving a tutorial in the near future with makeup and fashion advice based on the animated series Jem. Stay tuned.)

Black, brown, yellow, pink or white, you'll have success with Orgasm (why can't I be mature? why must I ha ha at this? But in my defense, they want us to ha ha at it. "They" knew what they were doing. ((Call me!))

No more blush quandaries.

Kisses

S.


PS. Get a good blush brush too! It's tres important. Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown both have good ones. X S.

Comments

  1. Love Nars shadows, glosses & lipsticks. Can't say the same for their blush, or at least for "orgasm." I find it's to subtle on my skin and more of the golden flecks come out than the actual peach color. Maybe the problem is that I have pink undertones? I swear by YSL blush.
    Sorry ladies on this one. By the way, still have my Nars "Orgasm" if anyone wants it!! (barely used it)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts