Sun Protection


Sun=Evil and don't fight me on this issue.

(Total side note, but one year, I went to Disneyland with my sister, and fashioned a sunshade out of a discarded hotdog container and called it "Hattie"--- didn't care that I looked like a vagrant who had wandered on to Disney property. That's how committed I am to NOT being out in the sun. And I guess it also implies how cheap/savvy I am that I didn't want to buy a goofy (haha pun intended) hat from the gift shoppes. End sidenote.)

However, the sun has it's finer moments like seratonin booster, photosynthesis and so on.

Well here's the point. Because of the duality of The Sun (remember: evil!), you have to wear sunscreen everyday. And I found one I like from Clarins.

Day Sunscreen High Protection SPF 40 UVA/UVB sunscreen is the lightest, cleanest formula I have ever used, and it just sinks into your skin with this matte velvet smoothness. It doesn't really work as a moisturizer, but the lightness and the way it doesn't alter the makeup you put on makes it worth my while. I'll update when I get the moisturizing part down. Oh and it's like $41. Yikes. But hey, thank me when you're 40 and still getting carded.

Now, the guy at the store told me that it 'lightens' your skin, which I assume means it leaves a sort of white mask effect behind. I have anemically pale skin sometimes, so I haven't noticed this, but this weekend when I see G, I'll get her input. I've only been using this for a few days, but I have to say I love the suede softness and light application of a SPF40(!) sunscreen.
Go to Clarins, and ask for a sample. Apparently it also blocks E3P rays, which are supposed to be the electromagnetic rays that surround us in our modern lives, especially from our computer screens... well. Boulder of salt taken with that claim, because I have no way to prove or unprove this claim. Just FYI.

Anyway you choose, protect yourself from The Sun! You know, so you can be like me and counteract it in other ways by drinking coffee and wine. I just figure I am balancing it all out in the end.

Kisses!

S.

PS.

My second favorite sunscreen was actually from the drugstore: Oil of Olay Sensitive Skin SPF 30 oil-free Moisturizer. I loved that stuff, used it all over the world for the last 4 years--- a great, dewy formula, I still highly reccomend it. $14, try it! X S.

Comments

Popular Posts