That Candle Lit Glow



Makeup from... TV?
So it’s like 4 years late, and I am writing about i.d. Bare Minerals by Bare Escentuals. I am still hypnotized by the infomercials! I don’t know why I am mesmerized by the new age music and the application process and Leslie Blodgett. That begets a little write-up.

EVERYONE does mineral makeup now, but I would like to write my piece about the originals— Jane Iredale and i.d. Bare Escentuals.

I’ve been using i.d. since 2003 when I went to my dermatologist with awful skin. Skin has cleared up (thanks Retin A micro!) but she told me then to also discontinue my other makeup and start using this mineral stuff. Well, 5 years later I still use it.

I tried Jane Iredale, which is so gentle you can use it immediately after face procedures like Alpha Beta and Glycolic peels and even plastic surgery. It was too opaque. Although the coverage was great, I missed the light reflecting qualities of i.d

Here’s some pros and cons to using i.d.:

Pros:

You can fake great, natural-looking skin.

Light reflecting pigments make you look great in photos. The flash and the makeup make you look flawless (in pictures).

Yes I’ve slept in it. Don’t judge. Apparently G never sleeps without taking off her makeup, and she has the real life flawless milky pore-less skin to prove it. I sleep in my makeup all the time, and … well, I should take off my makeup when I sleep, which is the bottom line. It’s just, sometimes… They say you can sleep in it, dammit!

Cons:
Oh the mess. The messy mess left behind by all the mineral pigments. And the weird coating it leaves in your sink on the days you do take it off.

Sometimes, if you are not a regular exfoliating type, it kinds of ‘sits’ on your skin.
Tip: Use a good moisturizer before putting it on. I like Oil of Olay SPF 30 Sensitive Skin oil-free moisturizer and Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer SPF15.

Try to find one of the Bare Escentual retail stores and let them do a trial on you. It may be your perfect makeup.


Kisses!


S

Comments

Popular Posts