Hair Be Gone!


Waxing can be such a pain in the arse! It’s so much easier to have someone else do it… but we don’t live in India do we… and NY waxing is soooo expensive! Most at home waxes are absolute garbage. They don’t remove all the hairs, smell horrendous and are such a mess! I was on a quest to find a great at home waxing kit. About a year ago I had a facial at Bliss (Horrible experience! I will never go there again! I will explain that experience in another post). Prior to my facial, the sales girls highly recommended I try the Bliss Poetic Wax. She said it’s known for removing every hair! Whateva! I thought to myself. Not possible! On top of it all, it retails for about $45!!!! I was like, this shiznik better work!!! So, I went home that night and decided to experiment…

Directions:

The wax comes in this hand dandy mug. Find a small pan, put the mug in the pan and fill the pan with water till it hits the middle point of the mug. Bring the pan to a boil and then turn it to a low heat. Once the wax is completely melted, take the entire plan to your dining table and put it over a towel. I like to keep the mug in the pan as it keep the wax melted longer.

The kit comes with a bottle of skin astringent and a bottle of oil. The first thing you do is take a cotton swab and apply the skin astringent to the area you are going to wax. (Oh… by the way, don’t use this stuff on your face, even if it says you can! Never wax your face. It is so bad for your skin. I believe it causes saggy skin and premature wrinkles. I’m no dermatologist, but I’ve seen people who regularly wax their faces, and their skin does not look good!) The astringent removes any of the impurities you may have on your skin. You then apply the oil, which ensures that none of the wax sticks to your skin. Believe me, apply the skin astringent and the oil, or this wax will stick! And it is a bitch to remove.

When applying the wax, with the plastic applicators provided, make sure you blow on the wax a bit so that it does not burn your skin. Apply in a smooth motion in the direction of the hair growth. Allow the wax to remain on your skin for about 15 seconds and then pull it off with one clean sweep. Watch all the hairs come out. This stuff is amazing! The hair also takes a while to grow back!

*Make sure you wear old clothes, because if this stuff gets on your clothes it does not come off! That is seriously the one downfall of this wax.

This is the best wax I have seen so far. Let me know how it goes.

Hugs!
G

Hit it!

Comments

Popular Posts