Boutique Deodorants




Deodorant. I need it, I use it, and I haven't found anything I've ever been 100% wild about. Maybe it's time to go prescription. But in the meanwhile, check out my foray into 'boutique deodorants.'

Eh, (Not so good):

I bought fresh Roll-On SUGAR deodorant from the fresh store. Its supposedly sugar and lemon formula naturally kills bacteria . I don't think it works, as an anti-perspirant, or as a deodorant. It smells terrific when you put it on, kind of like honey lemon cough drops. But by the end of the day, there's a definite funk. On me. But I am particularly... prone to perspiration, shall we say. I can't even think of a need to wear it. Even enflagrante, I think a commercial smell is acceptable. Anyway save yourself $18. Unless you're magically delicious, then by all means, wear it.

Bettttttter:

I wore L'Occitaine MEN'S Alcohol-Free Lavendar scented roll on for about a year, and I have to say, it KINDA works! I mean, I smelled nice (not manly at all), my clothes smelled nice and it was much more potent than the one from fresh. I would definitely buy this again. It's still not the absolute protection I long for, but I have to say the sniff test did not let me down on this one. Maybe because it's men's? I don't know. All I know is I need the strongest thing on the market and this one was working it.

CAVEAT EMPTOR: This gel formula may stain your clothes. It leaves behind streaks on my black jersey dresses.

Le Sigh. Send in your comments if you are similiarly inclined towards being one of the perspirators of the world. It's healthy to perspire, so don't be shy.

X
S.





Comments

  1. My dermo recommended Kiehl's deodorant/antiperspirant.

    It works ok - it's a cream formula in a tube that you then rub-in.

    My fav (though not luxurious at all, and totally drug store) is Degree. They claim that it's black dress proof, whatever, it gets those white streaks...but it works fab!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts