Korres Lip Butter – Mmmmm Pomegranate

I was in Sephora yesterday trying out blushes, eye shadows, body creams and perfumes galore. Unfortunately, I went in without any particular brand or product type in mind, so I ended up spending waaay to much time in there. I’ve never really taken a good look at the point of sale display unit, because I always think to myself… No way… I’m not going to be conned into buying stuff while I am still in line. Fortunately, it was early in the day and no one was in Sephora, so I felt ok rummaging around POS display. There are some good things in those bins. Mini vials of perfume, solid perfumes, eye lash curlers, tweezers, lip treatments and glosses. I can see how someone might pick up a few of these items without even a second glance, and then wince when their final bill amount is announced. Ouch!

So, i’ve had my eye on one of the lip treatments for a while. The
Korres Pomegranate Lip Butter is quite enticing in its adorable little box, covered in images of bright pomegranate seeds. It is also tempting at only $9! I always stand in line smell it, read the packaging and then stare at it longingly… but never buy it because it is in the dreaded Point of Sale Display. I am a marketer! I know these games! Okay… yes I did buy it yesterday. It has the name butter in it! (Check out my post on the
Clinque Colour Surge Butter Shine Lipstick to learn more about my love of butter. Ha ha!) In my own defense, no one was there and I wasn’t standing in line. I made the decision on my own to check out what was in those bins. Ha ha!

Anyways, this lip butter is so buttery delicious. It is made with a combination of Shea Butter and Rice wax to keep you lip soft and hydrated. The color is so pretty too. It’s this soft raspberry coral that just glides onto your lips. It’s the perfect color for when you don’t want to look too made up, but want to have some healthy color on your lips. For example:
  • You are about to head up to the slopes, want to look cute, but not too made up… This stuff is perfect
  • You want to head back to the lodge after a long day of skiing, freshen up, but prefer not look like you’ve put on loads of makeup… this stuff is perfect
  • You want to go on a tour of Maccu Picchu, Chichen Itza, or the Amazon, along with the hardcore Australian and British travelers without looking too ridiculous and made up… this stuff is perfect

You know I could go on and on…

Korres is a Greek company well known for their safe and natural products. The Pomegranate Lip Butter is Mineral Oil Free, Silicone Free, Propylene Glycol Free, and Ethanolamine Free. Nice!

My only problem is with the pot like container. I would prefer it if they made this in a squeeze tube, so I didn’t need to use my finger (germs!), but could apply it directly to my lips.
Anyways, I really like this lip butter a lot. The fabulous natural color and shine keep my lips moisturized! It smells so good too! This will be a one of those items I will freak out about if I can find it immediately… like the
Burt’s bees Pomegranate Replenishing Lip Balm!

Enjoy your soft, buttery and raspberry coral colored lips!

Hugs,

G

Comments

  1. Eee- my comment just got axed somehow-- anyway: I adore Korres products. Have you been to the freestanding store in Soho? It's heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't been to the Korres store! I will definitely check it out when I get back to NYC!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts