New York to New Delhi


It's been too long. I've temporarily found myself based out of Delhi for 6 months, and now The Gloss Box Girls can without a doubt promise you we are the absolute authority for South Asian beauty because... I, S. am living the Indian life everyday.
Well, a version of the Indian life- the type where I have access to spas and beauty products.
But let me tell you, it wasn't easy to move to a new city and have to 'set myself up'- ie find a place to get the waxing, the nails and the (affordable) blowouts.
I'll keep you posted on my adventures in hair removal, facials, waxing, local products, the search for foreign mascara and how I highly recommend head massages as the ultimate form of relaxation.
Stay tuned for my post on the Ayurvedic and organic beauty sensation sweeping the nation Forest Essentials, a review of salons and spas in Delhi, including Asian Roots, Affinity, Kaya Skin Clinic, and the Spa at the Oberoi. Plus, the shocking availability of Chanel and MAC makeup and Kerastase shampoo have made my beauty life a lot simpler than when I used to visit in the 90s.
The passage to India isn't what it used to be, with Botox at every corner, and the popularity of laser hair removal (PS, I'm thinking about going under to get my legs done.) I am going to tell you all the beauty secrets of the women in Delhi (they are gorgeous and all have perfect hair- please note the widespread popularity of getting your hair blown out every few days!)- plus bring you genuine beauty finds.
MAC just launched their Bollywood collection, BodyShop is open, as is L'Occittaine- it's a changing landscape here in India.
Stay tuned while G holds it down in New York, and I bring you the latest from New Delhi.

We've come a long way from the days of Vicco Turmeric Ayurvedic Cream (nahi cosmetic!)
S.

Comments

Popular Posts