It Works! Soft Hands. 5 stars, So Rare.


Have you guys heard of this thing called Animal Crossing City Folk for Wii? WTF!! It has a couple of women sitting around and living some virtual life on Wii-- like they go fishing and shopping and other weird things on a rainy day. I am all for the Wii, I love it, but not as a substitute for real life. Anyway rant. Over.

So because I am all about real life interacting, sometimes I do weird things like get overfamiliar with people who own boutiques. Leave me alone! I like to know consumer trends. Anyway I was at this wonderful boutique in the E Village on my way to P's house last week called Apartment 141. It's an awesome store-- really sweet, affordable dresses in flattering shapes. And Lisa, the owner makes 99% of the stuff in there. It's just such a find-- plus did I mention her clothes are cute and recession-friendly? Anyway I saw on her desk some Aveeno Intense Relief Hand 24 hour Hand Moisturizer (between $7-9). Now, considering I could barely feel the fabrics at first when I walked into the store because my hands were so rough-- I asked her if I could use it. See! Overfamiliar.

Lisa was nice enough to oblige, and let me tell you-- this is the best stuff I have ever used to soften my hands. I know G likes the Neutrogena Hand Butter stuff-- but sorry G, I find it greasy.

Aveeno is GREASELESS, and it immediately softened my hands, and has made me a believer for life. I have never been happier with a hand cream. In fact, I am so against the grease- factor that I often forego hand creams and end up like a sad girl who doesn't want to show her hands to the handsome Sctosman in the cafe (See G's post about her precious Neutrogena Hand Butter under "winter relief"). But this one is just amazing-- you only have to use it once a day. I can handle that (because we've established that I am a Cap'n Lazy Bones when it comes to these things).

It's really that good-- the best winter hand relief. Although I just got gloves this week (yay!) so that should help me be less reptilian in the phalanges region. It claims that it lasts through hand washings-- and even though it sort of does, it's not 100%. Despite this, I still LOVE this product. I am going to apply it to my legs and such as well.

So see! Human interaction and actually going shopping in real life instead of playing it on the Wii led me to my favorite winter hand relief discovery. It all makes sense, really it does. Well, humor me at least!

Ok I know this little anecdote was all over the place so let me just sum it up for you:

1. I don't like this new game by Wii where you sit and pretend to do things in real life. Just go and do them. You never know where such interactions will lead.

2. Apartment 141 is the cute shop in the E Village and you should totally stop by if you're in the area and support your local designers.

3. Aveeno 24 Hour Intense Relief Hand Moisturizer is seriously the most awesomest thing for your hands, it's not greasy, it's light and it works. And you don't have to reapply all the time.

5 out of 5 stars.

Kisses!
S.

Comments

Popular Posts